IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Specialist
This lectured course utilizes the images in the IPC-A- 610 document to provide visual accept/reject criteria examples for all three classes of assembly production in both lead and lead-free. The IPC-A-610, "The Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies", is the most widely used inspection specification for the PWB assembly industry.
This 4-day, lecture course is for anyone responsible for the quality and reliability of electronic assemblies. This includes engineers, quality supervisors, inspectors and manufacturing personnel responsible for quality assurance.
The IPC-A-610 certification training program is valuable to the electronics industry as it defines a clear, distinct level of training, which is acknowledged and accepted by other users of the program. Holding an IPC certificate illustrates that the individual had successfully learned a precise set of industry-recognized criteria, which in turn is a terrific starting point for excellent quality quest.
- Handling electronic assemblies
- Inspecting soldered connections for terminal and plated through-holes
- Identifying fractured solder due to cutting
- Understanding ECO jumper wire practices
- Addressing mechanical assembly requirements
- Recognizing acceptable surface mounting for chip & cylindrical components, leadless chip carriers, & leaded components
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive an IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Specialist, certification expire after two years.
Admissions Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of ages, and be able to read, write and speak English.